How neutral do you think The DEFCON Warning System is?

Feedback to the Admin and Staff of the DEFCON Warning System. Comments and suggestions welcome regarding the System or the Message Board or any part of the DEFCON Warning System.

How biased/unbiased do you rate The DEFCON Warning System

10 Neutral/least biased
18%
27%
18%
No votes
No votes
18%
18%
No votes
No votes
1 Most biased
No votes

Total votes: 11
DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:12 pm

According to the website Media Bias Fact Check, The DEFCON Warning System received a rating of "Least Biased".

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/defcon-warning-system/

Where do you think we stand?

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being extremely biased and 10 being least biased, where do you rate us on our neutrality?

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:04 pm

I think we try really hard to remain unbiased. That being said, I think some of our Tweets could be worded a little better so as to avoid the *appearance* of bias. Granted, that's hard to do within the character limit, but I think it's worth some discussion.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:50 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:04 pm
I think we try really hard to remain unbiased. That being said, I think some of our Tweets could be worded a little better so as to avoid the *appearance* of bias. Granted, that's hard to do within the character limit, but I think it's worth some discussion.
I'm always open to suggestions. Point out a few biased tweets and let's see how they could have been reworded.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:37 pm

The problem is almost everyone believes their position is neutral and factual and when challenged our reaction goes to an attack of free speech.

The open debate and allowing for back and forth is pretty decent here.

It is much better than it once was, admins where once prone to delete or slam anything but one point of view even when confronted with leg references.

Life is messy, and politics is always adversarial to think there won’t be dust ups and contention is naive.

The only time contention is absent in politics is when there is corruption and everyone is in bed together for personal gain.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:36 am

Obreid wrote:
It is much better than it once was, admins where once prone to delete or slam anything but one point of view even when confronted with leg references.
I'm glad we've gotten better at that. We try really hard to allow a free flow of opinion.

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:26 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:36 am
Obreid wrote:
I'm glad we've gotten better at that. We try really hard to allow a free flow of opinion.
That's what I love about this place. I can let my paranoia out a little and you guys can debate me back into lucidity. :D

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:21 am

RiffRaff wrote:
That's what I love about this place. I can let my paranoia out a little and you guys can debate me back into lucidity. :D
I knew this one person who would call me up every little crisis and wonder if it was the start of WWIII. Used to call me a dove because I wouldn't raise the DEFCON level every other day. haha

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:59 pm

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:21 am
RiffRaff wrote:
I knew this one person who would call me up every little crisis and wonder if it was the start of WWIII. Used to call me a dove because I wouldn't raise the DEFCON level every other day. haha
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it. :lol: