Missile Explosion Prompts Radiation Warnings in Russia

Address radiological activity of all types
krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:40 pm

Norway’s nuclear safety authority is analyzing tiny amounts of radioactive iodine detected in the air in northern Norway in the days after a deadly explosion during a rocket engine test over the border in Russia.
Norway’s radiation and nuclear safety authority DSA said it had detected the radioactive iodine at its air filter station in Svanhovd, which is by the Russian border. A river separates the two countries.

The samples were collected in the period Aug. 9-12, while the accident in the Arkhangelsk region of northern Russia occurred on Aug. 8, it said.

“At present it is not possible to determine if the last iodine detection is linked to the accident in Arkhangelsk last week. DSA continues more frequent sampling and analysis,” DSA said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russ ... SKCN1V510N

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:45 am

Two more monitoring stations in Russia have gone dark. Strangely spaced out, one in the middle of Russia and one all the way in the East.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:15 pm

Russia's state weather agency said on Monday it had found the radioactive isotopes of strontium, barium and lanthanum in test samples after a mysterious accident during a test at a military site earlier this month.

The deadly accident on Aug. 8 caused a brief rise in radiation levels in the nearby city of Severodvinsk. President Vladimir Putin later said the mishap occurred during testing of what he called promising new weapons systems.

A cloud of inert radioactive gases formed as a result of a decay of the isotopes and caused the brief spike in radiation in Severodvinsk, the weather agency said in a statement.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/ ... ssion=true
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:25 pm

The Northern Department of Russia’s Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring, Roshydromet, together with its Research Association ‘Typhoon’ on Monday revealed some of the radionuclide composition found after analyzing gases from the cloud sweeping over Severodvinsk in the hours after the fatal accident on August 8th.

According to information posted by Roshydromet, the researchers found a mixture of isotopes of barium, strontium and lanthanum and daughter nuclides. All are short-lived fission products.

Norwegian nuclear safety expert Nils Bøhmer says the information removes any doubts.

«The presence of decay products like barium and strontium is coming from a nuclear chain reaction. It is a proof that is was a nuclear reactor that exploded,» Bøhmer says.

He explains that such mixture of short-lived isotopes would not have been found if it was simply an ‘isotope source’ in a propellant engine that exploded like Russian authorities first said
https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/secur ... 0.facebook

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 am

The two Scandinavian countries paid for installing communications and positioning systems on board the “Serebryanka" as well as physical protection to secure nuclear materials.
Norway and Sweden wanted to help Russia to control and protect radioactive and nuclear waste materials originating from decommissioned Cold War submarines on the Kola Peninsula.

But instead of solely focusing on securing its Cold War heritage, the “Serebryanka” was soon given a top-secret mission in Russia’s testing and developing program for the unstoppable nuclear-powered missile, the Burevestnik, also known as Skyfall.
https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/secur ... us-russian

Incognito

Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:07 pm

September 5, 2019 - So...Why Did This Underwater Data Station Suddenly Just Disappear? (POPULAR MECHANICS) September 5, 2019 - So...Why Did This U ... isappears/

Could Russia have a hand in this or scavengers looking to make some money :?: Doesn't Russia have secretive nuclear submarine conducting underwater espionage activities :?: Who has recently had a radiological accident and doesn't want to tell the truth or be monitored :?: Lots of questions, but the more I think about it, my observations sound like conspiracy theory :shock:
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
"I feel free when I see no one and nobody knows my name” ~ Lana Del Rey