Potential for a U.S.A. civil war is between blue states and red states

It affects every part of your life. Debate it here, but keep it civil
Incognito

Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:20 pm

September 30, 2019 2:23pm EST - Trump circulates quote invoking 'civil war-like fracture' if he's removed from office (CNN) https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/30/politics ... index.html

September 30, 2019 11:43AM - Trump circulates quote invoking ‘civil war-like fracture’ if he’s removed from office (FOX) https://fox2now.com/2019/09/30/trump-ci ... om-office/

September 30, 2019 2:29pm - "Civil War 2" trends on Twitter after Trump quotes speculation that impeachment would spark "civil war" (CBS) https://www.cbsnews.com/news/civil-war- ... impeached/
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
"I feel free when I see no one and nobody knows my name” ~ Lana Del Rey

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:27 am

Trump is certainly behaving like a person under siege. Rightly or wrongly.

That does not bode well for the country on the world stage.

We will be addressing that more in tomorrow's update as well as the Digest mid-month.

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:52 am

Civil war in the US will be between sides in certain cities, some kinetic activity, most just brawling. The rural areas will be exempt, the cities will be the battle ground. It won't be two sides in a force on force conflict, it'll be more of an "as it happens" basis, and will look more disorganized than anything else. Right now it's a low intensity conflict, and although it could go high, it'll take a lot more than Trump and Antifa flags in the streets.
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:47 am

I don't see a Civil War coming out of this. Not unless someone really starts stuffing the ballot box, as it were. Right now, it's only been a few instances. Christine Gregiour (sp) in Washington State. Al Franken.

Incognito

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:20 pm

It's not the first time that President Trump advocated violence in support of his political posture. Some of those who have know him well from years past, Donnie Deutsch, Tony Schwartz, Barbara Res, Michael Cohen, etc.; have said that regardless of the instrument - impeachment OR election, that President Trump will NOT leave the White House without a call for armed resistance.

I don't see a large uprising of the U.S. populous fighting each other over President Trump either. However, there may be a few loose screws around the nation that would do a thing or two in support of President Trump.

On a side note, I think that the government should not allow President Trump to contact any foreign leaders or powers without other government officials being with him. I never like President Trump meeting dignitaries and leaders alone. I still think Russia is pulling President Trumps strings at times with dirt they have on him. I wonder if the Constitution or Congress could limit President Trump's powers.
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
"I feel free when I see no one and nobody knows my name” ~ Lana Del Rey

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Incognito wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:20 pm
It's not the first time that President Trump advocated violence in support of his political posture. Some of those who have know him well from years past, Donnie Deutsch, Tony Schwartz, Barbara Res, Michael Cohen, etc.; have said that regardless of the instrument - impeachment OR election, that President Trump will NOT leave the White House without a call for armed resistance.
I don't believe that. Not for one second. And don't let's forget this was the same thing that was said of Obama: That he would not give up the White House without a fight.
On a side note, I think that the government should not allow President Trump to contact any foreign leaders or powers without other government officials being with him. I never like President Trump meeting dignitaries and leaders alone. I still think Russia is pulling President Trumps strings at times with dirt they have on him. I wonder if the Constitution or Congress could limit President Trump's powers.
Russia doesn't have anything on Trump. That is #FakeNews

Constitutionally, the President has authority over foreign relations. The only limiting power Congress has is treaties.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:44 am

Eventually on a long enough timeline there will be another civil war.
The conditions are not there currently.
If POTUS is ever removed from office with out verifiable evidence, which has not as yet been presented, then there will be severe unrest, maybe a John Brown raid moment but not sure about a coordinated civil war.

The Dems don’t want him removed because Pence will be as implacable as Trump, maybe more so.
They are just keeping their base stirred up for 2020.
Personally I do t think it will work but never know.

The civil war 2 YouTube video is optimistic to the point of almost being a bait to try.
Remember many who hate Trump have come to hate his supporters just as much him. WMD would be pushed by some and many would be happy to see America unburdened by a few million deplorables

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm

Obreid wrote:
The Dems don’t want him removed because Pence will be as implacable as Trump,
There's already some talking about impeaching Pence. They real hope is to either impeach Trump or so damage him that he will be unelectable in 2020.

Obreid
Regular contributor

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:54 am

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm
Obreid wrote:
The Dems don’t want him removed because Pence will be as implacable as Trump,
There's already some talking about impeaching Pence. They real hope is to either impeach Trump or so damage him that he will be unelectable in 2020.
Yes I saw the msnbc breakdown about should pence be impeached first or not. It was obvious to them pence is as guilty as trump.

That’s all just window dressing, there is a fear of what the upcoming IG reports might reveal.
I am not convinced it will be as damming as many but it will take some explaining and denials.

Impeachment is a political act not a judicial or righting of a wrong. It’s a question of will the nation tolerate or support impeachment.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:37 pm

There is no way Trump is going to be removed from office. The Democrats are playing to the base. They would be crucified if they didn't impeach.

But how will all this shake down in 2020? Will it anger Trump supporters enough to come out in droves in 2020? Or will the Democrats be energized enough to come out in 2020?