General questions

Defense related and not covered in the other categories? Then it goes here.
Plague
New member
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:31 pm

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 pm

I am just curious what is this page really about. I mean the pages looks serious but also a little fun-like. I don't want to be rude or anything, just little sceptic.

But hey, just having a forum to talk about current defcon situation is nice for me, so what the heck, right?

Anyway, how exactly is the DEFCON acquired, I could not find anything on US government/military pages or NORAD...

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:24 am

Plague wrote:Anyway, how exactly is the DEFCON acquired, I could not find anything on US government/military pages or NORAD...
The DEFCON Warning System is not affiliated with any government. The Alert Level is our own assessment of the current nuclear threat against the United States and does not represent any particular status of the military.

Excessforce
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:21 pm

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 am

the term "defcon" is a combination of 2 words...meaning defense condition...adopted in i think the 50's or early 60's...

serap dursun

Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am wondering if you'll be interesting on upcoming security exhibition in Iraq. If so please contact me from serapdursun@iraqsecurexpo.com

Best Regards.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:09 pm

serap dursun wrote:I am wondering if you'll be interesting on upcoming security exhibition in Iraq. If so please contact me from serapdursun@iraqsecurexpo.com
Feel free to post information about it on this message board.

TheMaster111

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:05 am

Hi there, i'Äm just about curios about the colours of DEFCON 4 and 5, 'cause i read in wikipedia that the colour of DEFCON 4 is green, and DEFCON 5 is blue.

why is DEFCON 4 blue and DEFCON 5 green here? ^^

here's the article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON

PS: also saw right now that the colours of DEFCON 1 and 2 are also others than here ^^

TheMaster111

Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:36 am

Ah, and sorry for double-posting, but got another question^^

you also got a facebook site where you post your updates and so on? or just twitter?

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 am

TheMaster111 wrote:Hi there, i'Äm just about curios about the colours of DEFCON 4 and 5, 'cause i read in wikipedia that the colour of DEFCON 4 is green, and DEFCON 5 is blue.

why is DEFCON 4 blue and DEFCON 5 green here? ^^
The DEFCON Warning System is not affiliated with any government agency. We use our own system of colours, and our alerts do not represent the alert status of any military branch.
you also got a facebook site where you post your updates and so on? or just twitter?
We do not have a Facebook account. though we do have a Twitter feed. Twitter is used generally only for important, breaking information rather than everyday postings.

TheMaster111

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:22 am

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
TheMaster111 wrote:Hi there, i'Äm just about curios about the colours of DEFCON 4 and 5, 'cause i read in wikipedia that the colour of DEFCON 4 is green, and DEFCON 5 is blue.

why is DEFCON 4 blue and DEFCON 5 green here? ^^
The DEFCON Warning System is not affiliated with any government agency. We use our own system of colours, and our alerts do not represent the alert status of any military branch.
Ah okay, thank you ^^

So if your alerts do not represent the alert status of the military branch it could also be that you'll go on DEFCON 4 cause of actual situations but the military in the US is still on DEFCON 5? or did i interpret this wrong now? ^^

and sorry if my english isn't the best btw, hehe :D

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director
Posts: 6030
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:25 pm

TheMaster111 wrote:So if your alerts do not represent the alert status of the military branch it could also be that you'll go on DEFCON 4 cause of actual situations but the military in the US is still on DEFCON 5?
Correct. The alert level we issue is based on our analysis of what is going on in the world.

In theory, the DEFCON Warning System will be at DEFCON 1 about 24-48 hours before missiles actually fly (and thus some time before the military actually goes to DEFCON 1). This is to give the public as much advanced warning as possible, but it also introduces the possibility of error.

The public must make its own evaluation and not rely on the DEFCON Warning System for any strategic planning.

Post Reply