Bush vs Obama

It affects every part of your life. Debate it here, but keep it civil
Rommelslover

Bush vs Obama

Post by Rommelslover » Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm

I have to argue why George W. Bush is a greater American than Barack Obama. Does anyone have some good sources or idea that can help me debate this and/or why Obama isn't a greater American?

Drumboy44
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Re: Bush vs Obama

Post by Drumboy44 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Rommelslover wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:09 pm
I have to argue why George W. Bush is a greater American than Barack Obama. Does anyone have some good sources or idea that can help me debate this and/or why Obama isn't a greater American?
That would be to ones personal opinion. What makes one American or non-American by your standards? And what about patriotism? Can you be patriotic and still be a great American?
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

Rommelslover

Post by Rommelslover » Thu May 18, 2017 7:17 pm

It's very opinionated, but it's a debate for my class in which I am attempting to prove he is the greatest American

Drumboy44
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Post by Drumboy44 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Rommelslover wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 7:17 pm
It's very opinionated, but it's a debate for my class in which I am attempting to prove he is the greatest American
Think about it as an investigation. You're looking to prove your case to your audience that by these standards, President Bush fits the model of a better American than Obama.

rapidfire25

Post by rapidfire25 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Honestly i would tell the teacher to pound sand as this is a great way to create uneeded tension in a highschool class. My issue is with the wording. "Better american" implies one of them is a lesser american. Which is a false idea. And as far as presidents go they were meh. Bush only really loses points for starting the iraq war. Asides from that they both are pretty meh.

Green

Post by Green » Thu May 18, 2017 10:29 pm

Dodging the draft is pretty unamerican

Rommelslover

Post by Rommelslover » Fri May 19, 2017 3:43 am

It's a question of which is the greatest American. Since I have to argue for bush, I saw his unification of American post 9/11 as his strongest point. Along with this i mention some of the unconstitutional moments of the Obama administration as a rebuttal. Anything I could use to back up the bush administration?

Drumboy44
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Post by Drumboy44 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 am

Rommelslover wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:43 am
It's a question of which is the greatest American. Since I have to argue for bush, I saw his unification of American post 9/11 as his strongest point. Along with this i mention some of the unconstitutional moments of the Obama administration as a rebuttal. Anything I could use to back up the bush administration?
Try these:
https://www.georgewbushlibrary.smu.edu/ ... amily.aspx

This one is pretty solid:
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Polit ... ments.html
* First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
Honestly didn't know that fact about Bush

Hope this helps a little. 8-)

TruthandJustice
Regular contributor

Post by TruthandJustice » Tue May 23, 2017 2:16 am

Drumboy44 wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 am
Rommelslover wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:43 am
Try these:
https://www.georgewbushlibrary.smu.edu/ ... amily.aspx

This one is pretty solid:
http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Polit ... ments.html
* First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
Honestly didn't know that fact about Bush

Hope this helps a little. 8-)
Don't forget Laura Bush killing somebody with her car. Every Republican deserves at least ten strikes since they are going by their gut. Demon rats 0 as they are already disqualified thinking the world can realistically become a liberal utopia.

I thought Cheney was the President anyways? I love how when a demoncrat is in, the position is marketed as being powerless. When a Republican is in, they are a dictatorship.