Should U.S. be preparing for a North Korean nuclear strike on the West Coast?

Comment on articles posted to The DEFCON Warning System
bpmprocolo

Re: Should U.S. be preparing for a North Korean nuclear strike on the West Coast?

Postby bpmprocolo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:27 am

The single best thing Americans can do, is to be ready for a 14-day period without water/sewer, food/cooking, medical help/drugs, or electricity/information. A prudent step is to have: a mini camp stove, a means to light it, and Sterno fuel, a Sawyer Mini water filter, folding shovel, and all required supplies to sit out 14 days in an area of refuge.

RiffRaff
Regular contributor

Re: Should U.S. be preparing for a North Korean nuclear strike on the West Coast?

Postby RiffRaff » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:41 pm

bpmprocolo wrote:The single best thing Americans can do, is to be ready for a 14-day period without water/sewer, food/cooking, medical help/drugs, or electricity/information. A prudent step is to have: a mini camp stove, a means to light it, and Sterno fuel, a Sawyer Mini water filter, folding shovel, and all required supplies to sit out 14 days in an area of refuge.

14-day would be minimum in my opinion. I always advise 90 days.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Postby ThunderStealer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:49 pm

RiffRaff wrote:
ThunderStealer wrote:In the age of terrorism you'd think that CD would be more prevalent among society, but no. There's always the naysayers in the crowd convincing everyone that the threat is blown out of proportion, that none of this is applicable, "when's the last time we were invaded? you know the cold war's over right? oh you'll never have to use this, the government will take care of us and they know more about what's going on than we do, so stop worrying and go live your life".

It took the government over 72 hours to get drinking water to the Dome in New Orleans after Katrina. And Civil Defense in the 60s was a joke. Oh, look! The flash from a 5 MT detonation over your city. Just Duck & Cover, wait for the wind to die down, then dust yourself off and grab a beer. Our government's concept of disaster preparation has always been historically laughable.

Make no mistake: The only person responsible for your safety when the SHTF is you.

I never understood duck and cover, other than you're lowest to the ground and MIGHT not get hit with debris if you're far enough away from the blast. Other than that, you're a crispy critter in the fetal position. I do like the "grab a beer" part, we need to integrate that more into our plans.
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

Obreid
Regular contributor

Postby Obreid » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:55 pm

ThunderStealer wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:
ThunderStealer wrote:In the age of terrorism you'd think that CD would be more prevalent among society, but no. There's always the naysayers in the crowd convincing everyone that the threat is blown out of proportion, that none of this is applicable, "when's the last time we were invaded? you know the cold war's over right? oh you'll never have to use this, the government will take care of us and they know more about what's going on than we do, so stop worrying and go live your life".

It took the government over 72 hours to get drinking water to the Dome in New Orleans after Katrina. And Civil Defense in the 60s was a joke. Oh, look! The flash from a 5 MT detonation over your city. Just Duck & Cover, wait for the wind to die down, then dust yourself off and grab a beer. Our government's concept of disaster preparation has always been historically laughable.

Make no mistake: The only person responsible for your safety when the SHTF is you.

I never understood duck and cover, other than you're lowest to the ground and MIGHT not get hit with debris if you're far enough away from the blast. Other than that, you're a crispy critter in the fetal position. I do like the "grab a beer" part, we need to integrate that more into our plans.

Shorter shadow

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor

Postby ThunderStealer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Obreid wrote:
ThunderStealer wrote:
RiffRaff wrote:

Shorter shadow

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

Return to “Articles”