Order of events from 3-16-15

Reports on current military activity
Steiner
Regular contributor

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:00 am

IrishFanBrad1974 wrote:Ummm...

http://tass.ru/en/military-defense
It says drill for now. But it could be a drill or a "drill" but it's all speculation now
"They're in front of us, beside us and behind us. They can't get away now" - Gen.Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

kenshin891

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:01 am

Steiner wrote:DWS what have you personally heard? And do you know the supposed location of the air battle?
Seconding this. Also, what frequencies are you listening to? Multiple people both here and on /pol/ aren't hearing anything about attacks or anything on 8992 or anywhere else (seriously /pol/ has been taking the piss on dws all night)

Steiner
Regular contributor

Ohiopatriot wrote:
Steiner wrote:DWS what have you personally heard? And do you know the supposed location of the air battle?
That was a joke
I didn't really believe that we would be engaged. But how do you know it was a joke if I may ask? And I'm on your side in this
"They're in front of us, beside us and behind us. They can't get away now" - Gen.Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

Nikolai

hey i know im not supposed to post this here but im putting it here anyway so you see it. could one of you take a team speak break id like to get on. thanks.

(mod mind letting this stay up for a couple min before taking it down that would be super thanks.)

Ohiopatriot

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:02 am

Tanith wrote:Okay, folks. Ryan has asked me to step in here as a temporary admin, all the activity on Teamspeak is keeping him busy at the moment. I'll try to sum up as best I can for those of you just arriving here.

At this time we are following a major air battle which is taking place, with American pilots reporting some losses. There are also reports of heavy jamming on the radio, presumably us jamming the Russians. Ryan is extremely busy trying to verify new information, and DWS has stepped away briefly to spend a little time with his family.

My internet has gotten rather wonky in the last fifteen minutes or so, but I will relay new information as it becomes available and I can verify it. We ask for your patience as this is a very fluid situation and we want to be sure of getting our facts right.
This was a joke right? Or were you serious?

Ohiopatriot

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:02 am

Steiner wrote:
Ohiopatriot wrote:
That was a joke
I didn't really believe that we would be engaged. But how do you know it was a joke if I may ask? And I'm on your side in this
I thought i read it in here, but i think i misread.. Hell i dunno

Xertious

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:03 am

iCe wrote:
Xertious wrote:
bevans13 wrote:http://flightaware.com/live/
Flight aware appears to be normal across US and Canada
No flights over the Chukchi sea, or heading over. Not sure if thats normal tho.
You mean civilian flights?
Yeah
Gon

Upshot
Regular contributor

IrishFanBrad1974 wrote:Ummm...

http://tass.ru/en/military-defense
No news, that's all normal training. Besides...TASS is not really an unbiased wire service, is it?
Sometimes, the only rational choice is a head shot.

Steiner
Regular contributor

Ohiopatriot wrote:
Tanith wrote:Okay, folks. Ryan has asked me to step in here as a temporary admin, all the activity on Teamspeak is keeping him busy at the moment. I'll try to sum up as best I can for those of you just arriving here.

At this time we are following a major air battle which is taking place, with American pilots reporting some losses. There are also reports of heavy jamming on the radio, presumably us jamming the Russians. Ryan is extremely busy trying to verify new information, and DWS has stepped away briefly to spend a little time with his family.

My internet has gotten rather wonky in the last fifteen minutes or so, but I will relay new information as it becomes available and I can verify it. We ask for your patience as this is a very fluid situation and we want to be sure of getting our facts right.
This was a joke right? Or were you serious?
I feel like we could be getting our own military excersise radio reports right now

iCe

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:04 am

Yes. I respect you, but we need some proof, really. What frequencies do you mean?