Order of events from 3-16-15

Reports on current military activity
krispyjc

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:32 am

Yeah, if there were any sort of air battle going on now especially near/over the CONUS the MSM would be allllll over this....

Remorazz

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:32 am

Tanith wrote: At this time we are following a major air battle which is taking place, with American pilots reporting some losses. There are also reports of heavy jamming on the radio, presumably us jamming the Russians.
Shit. That's bad. If its true...
Last edited by Remorazz on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamun

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:33 am

IrishFanBrad1974 wrote:
Tanith wrote:Okay, folks. Ryan has asked me to step in here as a temporary admin, all the activity on Teamspeak is keeping him busy at the moment. I'll try to sum up as best I can for those of you just arriving here.

At this time we are following a major air battle which is taking place, with American pilots reporting some losses. There are also reports of heavy jamming on the radio, presumably us jamming the Russians. Ryan is extremely busy trying to verify new information, and DWS has stepped away briefly to spend a little time with his family.

My internet has gotten rather wonky in the last fifteen minutes or so, but I will relay new information as it becomes available and I can verify it. We ask for your patience as this is a very fluid situation and we want to be sure of getting our facts right.
If this is actually happening, let's go get some. If the balloon is indeed going up..... time to kick some Russian ass before we all get deposited in the upper atmosphere.
Personally, I think he's blowing smoke. We need sources. We need information. There isn't anything happening unless we have sources.

TheArtist
Regular contributor

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:33 am

Ohiopatriot wrote:
TheArtist wrote:You are absolutely never going to hear anything other than what seem like random letters and messages on official Mainsail broadcasts. Those codes are their orders. All you're ever going to hear is Mainsail call a call sign, encoded, and give them an encoded message. If you are looking for real time cockpit coms you're in the wrong place. That will never be on 8992.
If you are talking about nukes flying, yea maybe... But i suspect we would hear something about the lead up.. I hope anyway.. Then again if we get nuked we wont have much to worryabout if we are somewhat close to the blast zone. I dont know how hard they would hit wright patterson, but im not in the blast radious

No, you won't. Not on a Mainsail broadcast frequency. All they do is give orders out. That's it. Plane takes off, EAM goes out to them, they decode it, do what it says. All other coms will be through ATC, carriers, local theater command. NOT MAINSAIL.

Garv

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:34 am

Kamun wrote:
Tanith wrote:Okay, folks. Ryan has asked me to step in here as a temporary admin, all the activity on Teamspeak is keeping him busy at the moment. I'll try to sum up as best I can for those of you just arriving here.

At this time we are following a major air battle which is taking place, with American pilots reporting heavy losses. There are also reports of heavy jamming on the radio, presumably us jamming the Russians. Ryan is extremely busy trying to verify new information, and DWS has stepped away briefly to spend a little time with his family.

My internet has gotten rather wonky in the last fifteen minutes or so, but I will relay new information as it becomes available and I can verify it. We ask for your patience as this is a very fluid situation and we want to be sure of getting our facts right.
Yeah. Sure. Right. Okay.
Yeah I think my bs meter is going off too. Lol.

Steiner
Regular contributor

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:34 am

If this is not from military officials or the radio I'm going to be safe and let it fall on my deaf ears. The first thing I learned is always have a news source or a source of any kind at least
"They're in front of us, beside us and behind us. They can't get away now" - Gen.Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

Missileman

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 am

Calm down everybody. I know we live in a instant gratification society but pushing Ryan and Tanish is not helping. Let's all do research. Try searching for other frequencies or something. Let's not be part of the problem. Let's all dig in and help out.

Kamun

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 am

Missileman wrote:Calm down everybody. I know we live in a instant gratification society but pushing Ryan and Tanish is not helping. Let's all do research. Try searching for other frequencies or something. Let's not be part of the problem. Let's all dig in and help out.
There's instant gratification, and there's saying something to the effect of "ITS HAPPENING!" thats convincing but without providing a source or further information.

Thats what some of these people, including Ryan have been doing. Basically saying something that's goddamn outrageous if it's true but not providing a source or anything besides "the radio lol".

Steiner
Regular contributor

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 am

Missileman wrote:Calm down everybody. I know we live in a instant gratification society but pushing Ryan and Tanish is not helping. Let's all do research. Try searching for other frequencies or something. Let's not be part of the problem. Let's all dig in and help out.
Alright what should I check?
"They're in front of us, beside us and behind us. They can't get away now" - Gen.Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller USMC

lawman

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:39 am

If there was a large air battle with downed aircraft would commercial radar pick it up? I'm assuming this is not something that could be kept quite for long. Anyone know any radar geek websites that carry real time info that they can link us too.