Aussie Warning System

Thoughts, suggestions, and advice on what to do if the unthinkable happens.
hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:31 am

Our numbers seem to be growing on this board lately, and a post I just made in this thread got me thinking. We need some kind of system hosted within the country for us Aussies to communicate if the US transit links ever get cut.

Worldwatcher/kusanagi and the others that I've forgotten about - what do you guys think? My preference would probably be for an IRC server since it's so lightweight, but it does rely on installing a client. Could pop a web client somewhere for the less tech savvy or something.

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:19 am

Why not!? :D
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Great to see realistic aussies here , i don't feel alone.

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:32 pm

Communication seems to be one of the biggest issues people have to solve problems. Whether that be in any part of life without trying some type of personal gain.Compromise with no ill intent present or future could make the world and relationships of all kinds a better place. World currencies don't seem to have bought us together as well as bartering excess personally created goods may have many moons ago.Greed being another unnecessary downfall. I guess with the right people such as those involved with this site communication with true intent to inform and advise others without evil intention or gain is a main attraction. Very refreshing

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:33 am

hrng wrote: We need some kind of system hosted within the country for us Aussies to communicate if the US transit links ever get cut.

:shock:

You uh........ know something we don't?????
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:19 am

RiffRaff wrote:
hrng wrote: We need some kind of system hosted within the country for us Aussies to communicate if the US transit links ever get cut.

:shock:

You uh........ know something we don't?????

" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:14 am

Just out of curiosity are there any other perth wa based users out there.What are the chances of Australia being affected by America or Nato's stupidity and or greed?

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:46 pm

Yingyang wrote:Just out of curiosity are there any other perth wa based users out there.What are the chances of Australia being affected by America or Nato's stupidity and or greed?
Any nuclear war will affect Australia simply by the economic devastation that would accompany it.

Militarily, Australia needs to be more worried about China.

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:34 pm

nuclear war will affect Australia simply by the economic devastation that would accompany it
China has already started that.
Militarily, Australia needs to be more worried about China.[/quote]with this i was concerned america could speed up that process buy taking or attempting the current pennisula issue with sk and nk issues .also good to clean up islands in between in future not to mention natural resources and expansion or thinning of population. That said why poison a country when obviously not capable of extensive coastal defense from invasion? After all we are not a nuclear threat.

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:42 pm

Sorry last