"A Tale of Two Preppers" - Thinking Like a Green Beret When SHTF

Thoughts, suggestions, and advice on what to do if the unthinkable happens.
KimPossible
Regular contributor

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Ps22009 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:50 pm
What model are those vehicles? (Aka what year were they manufactured) cause vehicles that doesn't have electric components would still work after a emp. (I advise to to get armor plates on those cars so you won't get ambushed).
A modified fortified 1979 pontiac firebird-(my baby..<3) not only for EMP for extra modern equipment we have added to the car but armor for bullets.(mods not noticeable from outside or surface of car) We have a master mechanic in our group, very very helpful man, don't know if our plans would work without him... A Jeep J10 Pick-up from the year 1970 something, and a ford bronco 1970 also harden against EMP attack from more modern equipment upgrading these rather older cars. I am no wiz at cars, we have someone in the group for that, I am the organizer.
There is a war on woman! #VoteThemOut

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:08 am

Ps22009 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:01 pm
RiffRaff wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:20 pm
Ps22009 wrote:

What model are those vehicles? (Aka what year were they manufactured) cause vehicles that doesn't have electric components would still work after a emp. (I advise to to get armor plates on those cars so you won't get ambushed).
Actually, it's been proven a myth that no modern vehicles will survive an EMP. Check the articles forum for a detailed analysis of just that very subject.

of course modern vehicles won't survive it cause nowadays it's mostly electric.
Repeating the myth doesn't make it true. Go read this article: https://defconwarningsystem.com/2018/01 ... e-unknown/

There is a specific section in there where the US conducted tests on the survivability of modern vehicles against EMP, and while SOME were permanently damaged, most were not. It has to do with the wavelength of the E3 wave and the length of conductors required to carry it.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

willrod1989

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 am

Ps22009 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:01 pm
RiffRaff wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:20 pm
Ps22009 wrote:

Actually, it's been proven a myth that no modern vehicles will survive an EMP. Check the articles forum for a detailed analysis of just that very subject.

of course modern vehicles won't survive it cause nowadays it's mostly electric.
Hence why I keep a bicycle in my apartment, as well as a folding bicycle in the trunk of my car. Not only for EMP threats, but if there were other emergencies that would make travel by car difficult. Plus it's nice to cycle to work on nice days.

Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 pm

what about keeping a spare spark plug handy? and foiling the ignition coil?

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 pm
what about keeping a spare spark plug handy? and foiling the ignition coil?
People, the notion of EMP rendering every vehicle manufactured after 1980 permanently DOA is a confirmed MYTH. The research was done. Only a small percentage of test vehicles were damaged so badly that they could not be restarted without major repairs. On most of them, the engine died, but was able to be immediately restarted.

Read the research article I've posted before continuing to propagate misinformation.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:32 pm

Got my support thank you.