What is your personal "DEFCON Level"?

Thoughts, suggestions, and advice on what to do if the unthinkable happens.

What is your personal DEFCON level?

You may select 1 option

View results
Vortex

Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:52 am

In my personal oppinion we are at level 4 for a year now. Even if the possibillity, increasing to 3 is almost zero, I think that 5 is not fitting in any scenario anymore. At least for now.
We have a vast specrum of millitary movement around the world. Also we have countrys like NK who are increasing it's nuclear arsenal.
Maybe blue is the new green.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:40 am

DirtyDevil69 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 pm
I voted for Red just too see if id be the first one to vote for it (i was). I'm normally always in agreement with what the DWS system switches too (when i first started i always disagreed) but as ive been here longer and longer, ive discovered that the DWS sources seem to be reliable. So ive come to trust what the DWS system puts on their site. That doesnt mean im not prepared though. Ive got a bug out bag, and in the case i am unable to bug out, ive got a stash of supplies in my basement, and im always stocking up on ammo.
You bring up a great point DD. (5)Green is a good time to prepare your bunkers and prepare in a time when your under less stress and get prepared and stay prepared. Stock up. Think ahead.

~Side note to everyone~
I just wanted to say that the team I work with here, on a daily basis, work around the clock most of the time and do an amazing job. I trust strongly thier willingness to judge any and all current "situation(s)" We all try to keep a level head and try to put together all angles of the intel we acquire, hear, come across, read, see, etc. Plus it also helps when you work with an amazing commutiy and have members that contribute and that care about the same things the next one above them or below them does.

We will work together to continue that here at the DEFCON Warning System for you all.
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:13 am

Drumboy44 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:40 am
DirtyDevil69 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:20 pm
I voted for Red just too see if id be the first one to vote for it (i was). I'm normally always in agreement with what the DWS system switches too (when i first started i always disagreed) but as ive been here longer and longer, ive discovered that the DWS sources seem to be reliable. So ive come to trust what the DWS system puts on their site. That doesnt mean im not prepared though. Ive got a bug out bag, and in the case i am unable to bug out, ive got a stash of supplies in my basement, and im always stocking up on ammo.
You bring up a great point DD. (5)Green is a good time to prepare your bunkers and prepare in a time when your under less stress and get prepared and stay prepared. Stock up. Think ahead.

~Side note to everyone~
I just wanted to say that the team I work with here, on a daily basis, work around the clock most of the time and do an amazing job. I trust strongly thier willingness to judge any and all current "situation(s)" We all try to keep a level head and try to put together all angles of the intel we acquire, hear, come across, read, see, etc. Plus it also helps when you work with an amazing commutiy and have members that contribute and that care about the same things the next one above them or below them does.

We will work together to continue that here at the DEFCON Warning System for you all.
Thankyou

Bingo

Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 pm

My personal DEFCON level is always 1 (one) step higher than what is posted by DEFCON. Not because I disagree with DWS assessment of the threat level. I set my DEFCON higher because I am a prepper. Some of my preps would seem excessive to some readers. For example, I am uncomfortable if food supplies are less than 6 months... or I don't have seeds put back for 2-3 gardening years. When at normal DEFCON 5 peacetime threat level, I stand at DEFCON 4. SO when DWS moved to D3 a few times, the anxiety of some folks was palpable. Anxiety level here went up a bit of course, but we already had a plan for DEFCON 2 which helped our peace of mind a lot.

If DWS is at DEFCON 3... Warnings of D2 or D1 likely will not occur. The strategy associated with fighting a nuclear war favors preemptive attack, which is a distant second to weeks to months of brinksmanship, threats, blockades and hostile acts of many types, including possible release of biological weapons. Our elected officials will NOT warn us, most wouldn't know.

Personally speaking, DEFCON Warning System serves as a reliable barometer of international tensions (and intentions) which help me be a little better prepared.

Thank you all for your tireless work on this site !

Prepare for the worst... hope and pray for the best.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:48 pm

Bingo wrote:
If DWS is at DEFCON 3... Warnings of D2 or D1 likely will not occur.
Our system is designed to go to Red about 24 hours or so before the missiles are launched.

In theory anyway.

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:17 am

DEFCONWarningSystem wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:48 pm
Bingo wrote:
If DWS is at DEFCON 3... Warnings of D2 or D1 likely will not occur.
Our system is designed to go to Red about 24 hours or so before the missiles are launched.

In theory anyway.
My wife and I are prepared to bug out to our "failsafe" point when this site hits DEFCON 2. That is a very specific location along our route that is in the middle of nowhere, safe from any blast zones, where we can stop and safely analyze the situation. And it's not so far away that if things calm down we can't return home fairly quickly and easily. Bugging out at D2 isn't automatic, but it's the level we seriously consider it.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:25 am

I live in a pretty off-track area, so I don't need to worry about bugging out. D2 is when I do our last-minute supply run. Get transition foods and other stuff that doesn't have a long shelf life to make the transition to the long-term food more easier rather than switching cold turkey.

Fill up water containers, make any improvements to the shelter, etc.

I'm trying to have most everything done beforehand since I assume I'll be pretty busy at D2. Depends on who the enemy is, though. Russia, yeah it's going to be chaos. North Korea, there is some breathing room since I'm fairly sure I won't be a target.

Bingo

Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:34 pm

At D2, I would be encouraging people in my core group to make their way cautiously to my location which is off the beaten path as well. My rolling inventory would be checked quickly and real time updates would be sent to the same folks with instructions on what to procure in addition to their BugOut supplies. We will require check ins at regular intervals via text, and when closer via CB radio. Someone will be tasked to track them until they arrive. All water tanks will be filled or refilled with fresh. Fuel tanks will be topped up, LP topped up and redundant electronics placed in EMP protection. Of course, “lock and load” ... As reinforcements arrive, we will set up security shifts, begin briefings and update training as needed. Up to 4 news channels will be monitored 24/7 along with DWS. Our extended group is working on checklists which outline this and more...

KimPossible
Regular contributor

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm

Straight fact straight forward it always should be on DEFCON 4. Facts reasons,

1.) The US military of all branches and there " readiness levels" have never gone on DEFCON 5 not ever ever once since 9/11. Also the U.S military has made staments on how the alert level will never be at DEFCON 5 ever again for many many many reasons.

2.) With today's world you have rogue states with nuclear weapons or trying to obtain, you have global terrorism, domestic terrorism, human error and super advanced technology that is making human error far far more likely as we are in uncharted waters with well everything in every level and every aspect.

3.) The threat of nuclear war or a nuclear detonation in U.S soil is and will be until there are no more nukes on this planet a very very likely possibility, that even all US gov branches have warned many times over about. Weather its nuclear terror, or a rogue state with nukes or close to it.

4.) No matter what you may believe or think, this isn't the 90's anymore nor will the security of the 90's ever be achievable ever again. We will always be under certain threat of nuclear war and nuclear terror and it can happen at any moment WITHOUT WARNING.

5.) The fact you guys put it in DEFCON 5 is silly & a deceiving dangerous lie. Not even the US military has been on 5 since 9/11. Threat of nuclear war on any scale is a very very likely scenario in the US, this isnt my opinion at all, this is just the facts provided by the US military and US government.
There is a war on woman! #VoteThemOut

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:56 pm

KimPossible wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:43 pm
1.) The US military of all branches and there " readiness levels" have never gone on DEFCON 5 not ever ever once since 9/11. Also the U.S military has made staments on how the alert level will never be at DEFCON 5 ever again for many many many reasons.
Could you source that please?