Scenario: Quick, what would you do if....

Thoughts, suggestions, and advice on what to do if the unthinkable happens.
Obreid
Regular contributor
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:51 am

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 am

Once read an article about shepards the author called them a 100 lb hairy hollow point.
More than anything I meant though was day to day little things were going to continue, landlord on east coast is still going to want paid if San Francisco is nuked. Gotta feed the dogs.

willrod1989
.
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:40 am

Obreid wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 am
Once read an article about shepards the author called them a 100 lb hairy hollow point.
More than anything I meant though was day to day little things were going to continue, landlord on east coast is still going to want paid if San Francisco is nuked. Gotta feed the dogs.
Agreed. All of my research shows that the chances are, if nukes get launched, there's still a decent chance that it might be limited. Either way, you need to remember to take care of your furry friend. If things go back to something vaguely resembling "normal", you'll be glad you did. If society collapses, you'll be even more glad that you did.

In a survival scenario, any working breed is going to give you major advantages in your ability to protect, defend, and hunt. However, in a true SHTF scenario, saving your Chihuahua is probably going to be a waste of time and resources.

Obreid
Regular contributor
Posts: 1199
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:51 am

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:50 am

willrod1989 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:40 am
Obreid wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:06 am
Once read an article about shepards the author called them a 100 lb hairy hollow point.
More than anything I meant though was day to day little things were going to continue, landlord on east coast is still going to want paid if San Francisco is nuked. Gotta feed the dogs.
Agreed. All of my research shows that the chances are, if nukes get launched, there's still a decent chance that it might be limited. Either way, you need to remember to take care of your furry friend. If things go back to something vaguely resembling "normal", you'll be glad you did. If society collapses, you'll be even more glad that you did.

In a survival scenario, any working breed is going to give you major advantages in your ability to protect, defend, and hunt. However, in a true SHTF scenario, saving your Chihuahua is probably going to be a waste of time and resources.
He has good ears and would be a moral killer to give up on him. If it comes to that the decision will be made for me. I never want to put another pet down again but I would rather than see it suffer. Sucks hopefully we won't see this particular suck.

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:01 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:44 am

San FranFreako wouldn't be a any kind of a loss, but the ports that'll shut down and the surrounding areas that aren't a part of that freak show, would be a concern. We'd watch the mess and the fall out on fake news while I organize the boys to start hunting down targets in our AO.
Fuel up the vics, confirm zero on all weapons, shake down BOBs, recharge all batteries, implement our commo plan, etc.
Part of living in a bug out location is that I'm away from nuclear targets, other targets for spies however, that's a different story.
We wouldn't be affected but we'd be operating at REDCON 3.
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun

ThunderStealer
Regular contributor
Posts: 1132
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:01 am

Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:47 am

Train wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:12 am
I live in South East England. I’m about 66 miles from london, 12 miles from Colchester, which could be a target. I doubt a weapon from North Korea would reach colchester, let alone London.
Should one go off in san fransisco, I imagine the whole of Britain would be captured in shock - like when 911 happened. Nobody would believe what’s happening.
Then the panic sets in. Shops are emptied, phone lines get jammed, roads are blocked up from traffic evactuating places. Due to me living in a seaside town that isn’t a very likely target I would likely stay where I am and get as much food as possible, I live quite near a superstore. I would then lock all the doors, board up all the windows, fill up the bathtub and other water containers, put the TV on and wait for any further news on the inevitable exchange. Whilst I’m waiting for any news, I’d try and see if my friends and relatives are okay.
Not a great plan, but we have to make do with what we’ve got. Barely any money, a tiny garden and barely any weapons, if any. My biggest worry is the neighbours.
I often wonder what's worse, the event or the panic that ensues?
"Rules of the day, if the car gets immobilized, start shooting. Nobody gets traded, everybody dies." - Body of Lies

"Sir, rules of engagement."
"We're already engaged" - Tears of the Sun

willrod1989
.
Posts: 225
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 am
Location: San Jose, California, USA

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 am

ThunderStealer wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:47 am
Train wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:12 am
I live in South East England. I’m about 66 miles from london, 12 miles from Colchester, which could be a target. I doubt a weapon from North Korea would reach colchester, let alone London.
Should one go off in san fransisco, I imagine the whole of Britain would be captured in shock - like when 911 happened. Nobody would believe what’s happening.
Then the panic sets in. Shops are emptied, phone lines get jammed, roads are blocked up from traffic evactuating places. Due to me living in a seaside town that isn’t a very likely target I would likely stay where I am and get as much food as possible, I live quite near a superstore. I would then lock all the doors, board up all the windows, fill up the bathtub and other water containers, put the TV on and wait for any further news on the inevitable exchange. Whilst I’m waiting for any news, I’d try and see if my friends and relatives are okay.
Not a great plan, but we have to make do with what we’ve got. Barely any money, a tiny garden and barely any weapons, if any. My biggest worry is the neighbours.
I often wonder what's worse, the event or the panic that ensues?
In terms of the immediate area, the event itself will be a horror that is completely beyond imagination. However, in terms of society as a whole- the shockwaves from the event will place a major strain on emergency services, government, and the economy, just to name a few things. For example, the expected number of burn victims from the nuclear explosion in this scenario would be much higher than the total number of burn unit beds in all of North America. Not to mention the chaos that will ensue when the economy collapses. The terror attacks on 9/11 caused the global economy to get pretty dizzy for a bit. A 250 kiloton nuclear blast destroying an entire city- well, you can imagine just how that will play out.

The federal government was basically caught with their pants down on 9/11. Total and complete chaos for the majority of the day. Now imagine what will happen when the government tries to respond to an area where communications will be virtually non-existent? If you think the American public was pretty panicked on 9/11- just imagine what would happen if a whole city disappeared in the blink of an eye. I shudder at the thought.

Yingyang
Regular contributor
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 am
Location: Perth Western Australia

Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 am

The 1 major floor i find with people who believe bugging in the the home is you think boarding windows, extra locks and security screens etc make you feel safe let alone 1 room as fort knoxs .But in reality the roof is easiest access to house and then again why bother smoke usually puts the shits up most to evacuate.Take on nature and bug out or your home could be the coffin.

User avatar
RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst
Posts: 2161
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, US
Contact:

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Yingyang wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 am
The 1 major floor i find with people who believe bugging in the the home is you think boarding windows, extra locks and security screens etc make you feel safe let alone 1 room as fort knoxs .But in reality the roof is easiest access to house and then again why bother smoke usually puts the shits up most to evacuate.Take on nature and bug out or your home could be the coffin.
Both sheltering in place and bugging out require proper prior planning to implement with any chance of success. If you have no supplies and no plans, then it doesn't matter if you stay or go, you won't last long. My wife and I have supplies and detailed plans for both our concealed shelter at home and for bugging out. Which option we select depends on the emergency.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Yingyang
Regular contributor
Posts: 552
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 am
Location: Perth Western Australia

Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:06 am

Got my plans got my equipment, now I'm just keeping informed ready to go. Bush is my choice far from targets far from population with numbers ,the less human contact the less threats. =more resources. Knowledge of nature is the real survival not relying on stocked food and home security .Even gun owners need to realize in the suburbs min 30,000 population per suburb how many suburbs to get out .Best of luck with 15,000 rounds .Imagine how people act when the doors open at the shops for a cheap tv.Next best thing when shops are empty is houses. Fatigued from fear no thanks.

Post Reply