Scenario: Quick, what would you do if....

Thoughts, suggestions, and advice on what to do if the unthinkable happens.
DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Consider the following:

Right now, this very moment, North Korea strikes San Fransisco with a nuclear weapon.

What would you do?

Now think about the resulting consequences.

How would the rest of the US population respond? Would there be a run on stores as people think another nuke may be coming?

What would happen to the economy?

Are you near San Fransisco? Power? Water? Supplies? Public order?

Are you far away? Do you think life would be normal? Public panic? Run on stores?

Are you ready for a disaster if it happened RIGHT NOW?

krzepice1976
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Limited nuclear srtike scenario..
First coment
We shall expect rather few nuclear explosion over US not just one. Possible strike against Europe : targets London,Paris,Berlin.
Tokyo will be targeted by nukes....

Us shall inform Russia and China about nuclear action against DRPK
Stock exchane shock.....global
US will send rescue teams to San Francisco...

Public in panic....
Electricity in San Fancisco will not work. Water : serious problem.....

Nato members will provide support (depending on US needs/request) and scenario.
Probably US will ask only for well prepared stuff

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:57 pm

I'm in Australia and even this far away i would go bush straight away staying out of possible target areas for atleast 72hrs listening to the radio .

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:58 pm

I'm in Australia and even this far away i would go bush straight away staying out of possible target areas for atleast 72hrs listening to the radio .
Last edited by Yingyang on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gen Jack D. Ripper
Regular contributor

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm living in northern Canada. I would do a grocery run and fill every gas tank possible.

I have an hand-powered radio, if I hear nothing on it except statics, it's time to put on camo clothes and load the rifle.

willrod1989

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Since I live in the Midwest, I'm hoping that it doesn't lead to a full exchange. As of right now, I have enough food and water to last a month, since I've been through a couple of hurricanes and major floods in my life. If things started looking dicey, I could always evacuate to my folks' house out in the country. My dad and brother are already working on stockpiling supplies and building a pole covered trench shelter. They live in a small farming community with some small stores of grain and livestock, so hopefully we should be ok in a limited exchange scenario.

dianajune

Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:36 am

I live in a rural area not far from Syracuse, NY. However, I won't take it for granted that because Syracuse isn't New York, Los Angeles, Miami, etc, that it wouldn't be affected by a nuclear war.

In fact,. if I'm not mistaken, Syracuse was one of the targets of the USSR during the Cold War.

We can't afford to wait until missiles start flying before getting ready. We need to be ready now.

I have a bug out plan - my kitty and I would stay with relatives that are further away from the city. I have been stocking up on necessities for both of us. Something that pet parents need to keep in mind....prep not only for yourselves, but pets, livestock, etc.

Train

Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:12 am

I live in South East England. I’m about 66 miles from london, 12 miles from Colchester, which could be a target. I doubt a weapon from North Korea would reach colchester, let alone London.
Should one go off in san fransisco, I imagine the whole of Britain would be captured in shock - like when 911 happened. Nobody would believe what’s happening.
Then the panic sets in. Shops are emptied, phone lines get jammed, roads are blocked up from traffic evactuating places. Due to me living in a seaside town that isn’t a very likely target I would likely stay where I am and get as much food as possible, I live quite near a superstore. I would then lock all the doors, board up all the windows, fill up the bathtub and other water containers, put the TV on and wait for any further news on the inevitable exchange. Whilst I’m waiting for any news, I’d try and see if my friends and relatives are okay.
Not a great plan, but we have to make do with what we’ve got. Barely any money, a tiny garden and barely any weapons, if any. My biggest worry is the neighbours.

REALHumanRights

Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:11 pm

1. Make Sure you have a charged spare radio, two-way radio, etc. in EMP-protected Faraday Cage
2. If you are within 165 miles (more than 250 km) from a major U.S. target (e.g., Washington DC, LA, NYC, Chicago), find a way to relocate to more remote location if possible, and assume enemy has at least 250 kiloton nuclear weapon
3. If not, move to shelter-in-place area and make sure your supplies are ready and protection in place in event of follow-on attacks

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:14 am

Immediately implement our evacuation plan and head for our bugout location following a prearranged route that avoids all possible strategic targets.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day