Knife Attack At Music Festival In Oberhausen, Germany

The world is a dangerous place, and nuclear war isn't the only threat.
Zanting
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:11 am
Location: Anta Baka?
Contact:

Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:46 pm

☢ It's The Current Year ☢

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 am

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:31 pm

Not necessarily terrorism, but it shouldn't be discounted. We need more information to determine what is was.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Zanting
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:11 am
Location: Anta Baka?
Contact:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:03 am

Worldwatcher wrote:Not necessarily terrorism, but it shouldn't be discounted. We need more information to determine what is was.
If he said "Allahu Akbar" he is an Islamic terrorist, I'd trust the witness, more than the media or services pushing their agenda(s) there.
☢ It's The Current Year ☢

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 am

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:06 am

Zanting wrote:
Worldwatcher wrote:Not necessarily terrorism, but it shouldn't be discounted. We need more information to determine what is was.
If he said "Allahu Akbar" he is an Islamic terrorist, I'd trust the witness, more than the media or services pushing their agenda(s) there.
He could be mentally ill. I'm not saying it isn't terrorism. When someone drove a flaming car full of gas canisters into a Sydney police station last month the media screamed terrorism, but the next day it was found that the guy was mentally ill and had a court date the next day. It works both ways.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Zanting
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:11 am
Location: Anta Baka?
Contact:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 am

Worldwatcher wrote:He could be mentally ill. I'm not saying it isn't terrorism. When someone drove a flaming car full of gas canisters into a Sydney police station last month the media screamed terrorism, but the next day it was found that the guy was mentally ill and had a court date the next day. It works both ways.
Did they release his name though? I can't find it.

Mental illness by itself is a commonly used narrative to deflect the actual issue of terrorism by the media though at least regarding Islamic terrorism, this case you mentioned might be an actual legitimate example of that though, if a mental illness was the sole cause.
☢ It's The Current Year ☢

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, Australia

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 am

Worldwatcher wrote:
Zanting wrote:
Worldwatcher wrote:Not necessarily terrorism, but it shouldn't be discounted. We need more information to determine what is was.
If he said "Allahu Akbar" he is an Islamic terrorist, I'd trust the witness, more than the media or services pushing their agenda(s) there.
He could be mentally ill. I'm not saying it isn't terrorism. When someone drove a flaming car full of gas canisters into a Sydney police station last month the media screamed terrorism, but the next day it was found that the guy was mentally ill and had a court date the next day. It works both ways.
What's the difference?

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 am

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:18 am

hrng wrote:
Worldwatcher wrote:
Zanting wrote:
If he said "Allahu Akbar" he is an Islamic terrorist, I'd trust the witness, more than the media or services pushing their agenda(s) there.
He could be mentally ill. I'm not saying it isn't terrorism. When someone drove a flaming car full of gas canisters into a Sydney police station last month the media screamed terrorism, but the next day it was found that the guy was mentally ill and had a court date the next day. It works both ways.
What's the difference?
Mental illness can be screened for easily, terrorism is VERY difficult.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 am

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:24 am

Zanting wrote:
Worldwatcher wrote:He could be mentally ill. I'm not saying it isn't terrorism. When someone drove a flaming car full of gas canisters into a Sydney police station last month the media screamed terrorism, but the next day it was found that the guy was mentally ill and had a court date the next day. It works both ways.
Did they release his name though? I can't find it.

Mental illness by itself is a commonly used narrative to deflect the actual issue of terrorism by the media though at least regarding Islamic terrorism, this case you mentioned might be an actual legitimate example of that though, if a mental illness was the sole cause.
Here is the Sydney story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-22/m ... ed/7650882

Often times mental illness is the main reason why these things happen, not necessarily always though, and this current case may be either one of the two. The main reason for confusion among people and the media, is that there is no agreed upon definition of terrorism, and by extension, there is a large grey area about who is and isn't a terrorist.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Zanting
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:11 am
Location: Anta Baka?
Contact:

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:28 am

Worldwatcher wrote:Mental illness can be screened for easily, terrorism is VERY difficult.
Build a very cohesive & homogeneous society, or more correctly return to one, remove elements which are corrosive to this. Done.

Recently there was a Danish teenager who killed herself because she was afraid a "potentially racist" insinuation would cause a backlash, from the perspective of WN Danes, this is obviously a ridiculous state of affairs to even be in.
Worldwatcher wrote:Here is the Sydney story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-22/m ... ed/7650882

Often times mental illness is the main reason why these things happen, not necessarily always though, and this current case may be either one of the two. The main reason for confusion among people and the media, is that there is no agreed upon definition of terrorism, and by extension, there is a large grey area about who is and isn't a terrorist.
He appears to be an Aussie.

With regards to this, if someone who isn't a natural citizen commits an act to push foreign culture, ideology or politics then it is in fact terrorism against that specific nomenclature. This is the definition. It isn't relevant to whether it is coupled with mental illness or not if these factors are present, the media has an agenda with this, which is being pushed at an increasing pace. This is not confusion but is in fact purposeful disinformation.
Last edited by Zanting on Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
☢ It's The Current Year ☢

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 am

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:34 am

Zanting wrote:
Worldwatcher wrote:Mental illness can be screened for easily, terrorism is VERY difficult.
Build a very cohesive & homogeneous society, or more correctly return to one, remove elements which are corrosive to this. Done.
It's easier said then done I'm afraid, and terrorists can come from ALL facets of society.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Post Reply