Angela Merkel says Germany’s terror problem predates the refugee crisis

The world is a dangerous place, and nuclear war isn't the only threat.
jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:54 am

As Europe continues to suffer attack after attack, countries are reacting.

ARTICLE: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... ee-crisis/
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:58 am

She's correct to some extent.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

matty1053
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:29 pm

She's somewhat right. But more terrorists have infiltrated within the refugees. Plus, crimes against Europeans in general are on the rise. Just like in Colonge on New Years Eve.

I'm not surprised she said this... She is just a moron. I'd MUCH rather have Obama over her.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/08 ... r-attacks/

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:38 am

The main problem in France are some of the Algerian communities that have been there since the end of the war for independence. Some have a resentment towards the former colonial France, and thus don't integrate (different from assimilate). The fact that French culture if thousands of years older to the new culture is a significant factor that alienates and divides the societies. This makes those with little sense of belonging quite susceptible to dangerous sources of belonging, such as terrorism. The same is true in Germany, although not necessarily at the same level.

The opposite is why New World nations do quite well with immigrants, the massive majority of those from the US or Australia are relatives of immigrants, bringing an element of cultural commenality, as there is no established "American/ Australian culture." That is why integration is easier among new immigrants. FYI. Integration means the obeying and accepting of laws and practices of a nation, it is different from assimilation.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II