Wikipedia article

Feedback to the Admin and Staff of the DEFCON Warning System. Comments and suggestions welcome regarding the System or the Message Board or any part of the DEFCON Warning System.
Lighthope

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:36 am

Maybe it's my ego talking, but I do think The DEFCON Warning System needs an article on Wikipedia. Way too many people think this is an actual branch of the government or actually has insight to the real deal. It would be helpful if there was a Wiki article on what this site is and isn't to help curb the misconceptions.

But the Wiki people don't seem to like this site. I don't think they'll tolerate a wiki page on us.
The views expressed are personal and do not necessarily represent those of the DEFCON Warning System.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Lighthope wrote:But the Wiki people don't seem to like this site. I don't think they'll tolerate a wiki page on us.
What makes you say that?
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

Lighthope

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:49 pm

Drumboy44 wrote:
Lighthope wrote:But the Wiki people don't seem to like this site. I don't think they'll tolerate a wiki page on us.
What makes you say that?
Anytime someone mentions DWS, it is edited out.
The views expressed are personal and do not necessarily represent those of the DEFCON Warning System.

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:45 pm

Lighthope wrote:
Drumboy44 wrote:
What makes you say that?
Anytime someone mentions DWS, it is edited out.

Wow. Didn't know that.

Lighthope

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:56 pm

I went through some of the history and found some references to it, but when the subject is deleted, no one is making a notation of it, so I can't find where the references are edited out.

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:44 pm

Looks like it was being removed due to irrelevance. It would probably be better to make a new page and then link it in the disambiguation page here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defcon_(disambiguation)

You could add a reference in the See Also section of the main DEFCON page. Wikipedia editors can be pretty anal about this stuff, as long as it strongly mentions that it's all unofficial and citizen run, shouldn't have any problems. :)

Let me know if you guys want a hand writing up the article. I haven't done any Wikipedia editing in a long time but may be able to find my old account.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:15 am

hrng wrote:Let me know if you guys want a hand writing up the article. I haven't done any Wikipedia editing in a long time but may be able to find my old account.
As the site owner, I am not allowed to create an article about my own site. Conflict of Interest or something like that.

It has to be created by someone outside the organization.

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:16 am

Cool, I'll give it a crack tonight :)

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3

Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:21 am

hrng wrote:Cool, I'll give it a crack tonight :)
Sounds good. Might get us some more attention.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:05 am

Lighthope wrote:I went through some of the history and found some references to it, but when the subject is deleted, no one is making a notation of it, so I can't find where the references are edited out.
What is this about?

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoptio ... ystem_Wiki