Ads on Android Chrome screws things up on my phone

Feedback to the Admin and Staff of the DEFCON Warning System. Comments and suggestions welcome regarding the System or the Message Board or any part of the DEFCON Warning System.
John Morris

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:09 pm

First off I have nothing against having ads on your website and I actually visit them and make a purchase if it something I want. My issue when I'm on the mobile version about 1 in 4 chance I get this 'I won a Walmart card" and and get this wheel of fortune like wheel spinning that takes over my browser I have to close the browser and reopen it. This is very annoying. I wish there way to not allow these kind ads that take over the browser. On my Android tablet and PC I don't get these ads.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:32 am

John Morris wrote:
First off I have nothing against having ads on your website and I actually visit them and make a purchase if it something I want. My issue when I'm on the mobile version about 1 in 4 chance I get this 'I won a Walmart card" and and get this wheel of fortune like wheel spinning that takes over my browser I have to close the browser and reopen it. This is very annoying. I wish there way to not allow these kind ads that take over the browser. On my Android tablet and PC I don't get these ads.
I think you can report bad ads.

If not, if you can identify exactly what exactly the ad is and where on the page it is spawning from, I can contact the placement company with the information.

AirForceGuy

Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:46 am

John Morris wrote:
A fix that I have found for that is to turn on a VPN while browsing DWS. Haven't gotten one of those ads since I started doing that.
Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest people. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that they love or hold sacred.

John Morris

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:02 am

If it pops up again I'll try to get the information forword it. Thank you.