Help with installing the desktop app on windows 10

Feedback to the Admin and Staff of the DEFCON Warning System. Comments and suggestions welcome regarding the System or the Message Board or any part of the DEFCON Warning System.
ItzMrKennedy

Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 am

When I download the app from the website it downloads but when I install it and then go to open it I get an error message saying “unable to set browser environment. Unable to load DLL mozglue the specified module could not be found (exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E” please someone help with this. This is a brand new computer running windows 10. I had the app on my last laptop with no issues this new one is giving me issues. I really would like to get it to work. Ps. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum I couldn’t find a help section.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Try installing it using Admin. If that doesn't work, can you send us the exact error messages? Or even screen shots? I can send those to the developer who will be able to look into it more.

Strange that it worked on your laptop and not on the new computer.

RiffRaff
DEFCON Data Analyst
DEFCON Data Analyst

Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:06 am

ItzMrKennedy wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 am
When I download the app from the website it downloads but when I install it and then go to open it I get an error message saying “unable to set browser environment. Unable to load DLL mozglue the specified module could not be found (exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E” please someone help with this. This is a brand new computer running windows 10. I had the app on my last laptop with no issues this new one is giving me issues. I really would like to get it to work. Ps. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section of the forum I couldn’t find a help section.
Try installing Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio, whatever the latest version is.
"It's in your nature to destroy yourselves." - Terminator 2: Judgment Day