Youtube Updates

Feedback to the Admin and Staff of the DEFCON Warning System. Comments and suggestions welcome regarding the System or the Message Board or any part of the DEFCON Warning System.
wickerman1227

Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi all,

Long time follower, first time poster.

I've been following DWS as a watcher and reader to varying degrees since the NK craziness of 2012. What put y'all on my radar was the Youtube uploads, which lead me to this forum where I found rich content and a great community of posters. Awesome and timely Twitter updates as well.

Currently, the Youtube channel is behind by 3 uploads, with the most recent being the raise from condition 5 to 4. Is there a plan to resume posting to the channel soon?

I can understand if it's seen as more work than it's worth and difficult to keep timely, with twitter and the site a better primary source. I'd be sad to see it go and feel it would shrink the growth of people finding you guys.

Thanks for all you guys do.

DEFCONWarningSystem
Director
Director

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 am

wickerman1227 wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:38 pm
Currently, the Youtube channel is behind by 3 uploads, with the most recent being the raise from condition 5 to 4. Is there a plan to resume posting to the channel soon?

I can understand if it's seen as more work than it's worth and difficult to keep timely, with twitter and the site a better primary source. I'd be sad to see it go and feel it would shrink the growth of people finding you guys.

Thanks for all you guys do.
YouTube is pretty much where it started and I have a real soft spot for it.

But you hit it on the head: It's a lot of work to maintain with little result.

My ultimate goal would be to turn the YouTube channel into a Digest, like a news report where we can go into a bit more detail. There are a number of YouTube channels like that.

Just hard to find the time to do all that. Writing the copy, editing, getting the images together. Whew!