The Listening Post: 4/17

Monitor and report radio communications here.
Eifelgangsta
Regular contributor

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:51 am

Zanting wrote:Roll Away, Roll Away? 2x or 3x - static - with a SKYKING type authentication and "MAINSAIL Fleet Acknowledgement", also something about a code "Blue"?

What the hell is that?
Interesting...was it just now? 11175?
a pessimist is an optimist who has reflected.

Zanting
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:52 am

Eifelgangsta wrote:Interesting...was it just now? 11175?
I have both open but I believe 11175 USB - a very unusual message.
☢ It's The Current Year ☢

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:55 am

Huh, nothing here (Utwente) but I was on 8992.

Zanting
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:57 am

May have been 11175 USB then, I had squelch off though due to reception, this seems urgent to be honest - need more information on this structure of message which differs a lot.

Eifelgangsta
Regular contributor

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:59 am

About 45 minutes ago, there was a mainsail conversation plus radio check on 11175 already, but then I left the room for breakfast.

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:02 am

My Google-fu has turned up nothing with various searches. Nothing on the usual places either.

This may be related? http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com.au/p/what ... r-eam.html
On February 29, 2016, our good friend and European Ute monitor Ary Boender caught an unusual and first of its kind Foxtrot/Skyking message broadcast on the US DoD HFGCS communication network at 1548 UTC.

As noted in the sections below, Foxtrot aka Skyking messages are the highest precedence messages transmitted on the HFGCS network. They are aircraft advisory messages that we believe are intended for aircraft assets of the highest mission priority. This message is a bit unusual and was a departure from the normal format with no Skyking, message directed directly to Melon 68, included a diplomatic clearance and was transmitted in the blind.

Zanting
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:08 am

French now. Seriously scratching my head though at this "code Blue" and "MAINSAIL fleet", got a weird feeling about this, I'm looking at information on the forum but all I see is that code blue/red is "air attack" or "ground attack" as a base alarm? I don't know if that would go out like that over the GHFS.
hrng wrote:My Google-fu has turned up nothing with various searches. Nothing on the usual places either.

This may be related? http://mt-milcom.blogspot.com.au/p/what ... r-eam.html
On February 29, 2016, our good friend and European Ute monitor Ary Boender caught an unusual and first of its kind Foxtrot/Skyking message broadcast on the US DoD HFGCS communication network at 1548 UTC.

As noted in the sections below, Foxtrot aka Skyking messages are the highest precedence messages transmitted on the HFGCS network. They are aircraft advisory messages that we believe are intended for aircraft assets of the highest mission priority. This message is a bit unusual and was a departure from the normal format with no Skyking, message directed directly to Melon 68, included a diplomatic clearance and was transmitted in the blind.
Ah. Very interesting! Thanks!

Eifelgangsta
Regular contributor

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:15 am

Found this one on "code blue"
Code Blue, XXXX: This base operating status is typically used when the impact of the winter weather event is more significant and time is needed to conduct clearing operations before the base can support near-normal operations. When the base operating status is code blue, XXXX, the base is open at a specific time (XXXX). Reasonable delays for reporting to work are excused. Unscheduled leave is authorized. Emergency and essential personnel are expected to report to work. Personnel should contact their chain of command for specific command/activity guidance or direction
Source:http://www.quantico.marines.mil/Advisories.aspx

Not sure, if it's related

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:19 am

Most of the "Code Blue"s I found on google were related to the well known medical one. There were a few others, but enough variance to say that I have absolutely no idea what it means in this context. :D

Eifelgangsta
Regular contributor

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:36 am

Maybe this one's related: https://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc :D