The Listening Post: 4/10

Monitor and report radio communications here.
hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, Australia

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:16 am

One coming through now.

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, Australia

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:43 am

All quiet since your last post on 4724.

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Douglas, WY / Converse County
Contact:

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:55 am

hrng wrote:All quiet since your last post on 4724.
I can confirm on that comment.
UPDATE (10:54 PM): All stations message from Nashville.
Last edited by jayfeather31 on Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, Australia

Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:55 am

EAM coming out now.
Edit: And another at 04:59

Eifelgangsta
Regular contributor
Posts: 573
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 am
Location: Germany

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:11 am

Russia's active on 11360
a pessimist is an optimist who has reflected.

hrng
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2690
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:15 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, Australia

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:33 am

Few more EAMs since my last post:

05:24:00
05:28:00
06:00:00
06:11:00
10:26:00

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Douglas, WY / Converse County
Contact:

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Some French chatter right now, but nothing more than that. It sounds like one of them is shouting, and the other one seems calm. This has been going on for about five minutes at the time of this post.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 am

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:12 pm

jayfeather31 wrote:Some French chatter right now, but nothing more than that. It sounds like one of them is shouting, and the other one seems calm. This has been going on for about five minutes at the time of this post.
It is the ATC tower of the French Air Force's Paris Base. The yelling one is probably a pilot being guided in over the engine noise. It's pretty commonplace to hear it.
If interested, I can give you the freqs to a few other French Bases.
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

jayfeather31
Power poster 3
Power poster 3
Posts: 5689
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Location: Douglas, WY / Converse County
Contact:

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:44 pm

Worldwatcher wrote:
jayfeather31 wrote:Some French chatter right now, but nothing more than that. It sounds like one of them is shouting, and the other one seems calm. This has been going on for about five minutes at the time of this post.
It is the ATC tower of the French Air Force's Paris Base. The yelling one is probably a pilot being guided in over the engine noise. It's pretty commonplace to hear it.
If interested, I can give you the freqs to a few other French Bases.
I don't have an interest, but thanks for the clarification.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
~Albert Einstein
Great, let's round up all the useless cats and hope a tree falls on them.
~Jayfeather

Worldwatcher
Power poster 1
Power poster 1
Posts: 2249
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:22 am

Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:00 pm

jayfeather31 wrote:
Worldwatcher wrote:
jayfeather31 wrote:Some French chatter right now, but nothing more than that. It sounds like one of them is shouting, and the other one seems calm. This has been going on for about five minutes at the time of this post.
It is the ATC tower of the French Air Force's Paris Base. The yelling one is probably a pilot being guided in over the engine noise. It's pretty commonplace to hear it.
If interested, I can give you the freqs to a few other French Bases.
I don't have an interest, but thanks for the clarification.
No worries :D
"There's a cold war coming,
On the radio I heard
Baby it's a violent world"

- Coldplay, Life In Technicolor II

Locked