Sig Intel Nov 30

Monitor and report radio communications here.
usafshortwave

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Hopefully I will be posting daily activity now, if anyone is wondering my source of this information is eam.watch, multiple people post EAMs on here and there are some nifty charts that show activity through the month, week, and year available. At some point when I have more time I hope to post a guide on how to use webSDR as well.

EDIT: EAM.Watch has been shut down.
Last edited by usafshortwave on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Chaser/Spotter

usafshortwave

Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:00 am

ACTIVITY THIS WEEK:
All Station calls: 85
Skykings: 5
Radio Checks: 54
ACTIVITY THIS MONTH:
All Station calls: 255
Skykings: 19
Radio Checks: 149
Storm Chaser/Spotter

willrod1989

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 am

EAM watch is now offline and seized by Homeland Security. Any idea why this might happen?

Humanity Blows

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:01 am

willrod1989 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:58 am
EAM watch is now offline and seized by Homeland Security. Any idea why this might happen?
Yep, found about about it from another forum, and can now confirm. This can't be anything good, I've got a bad feeling about this... :?

Yingyang
Regular contributor

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 am

Can a moderator give any more info on this.

usafshortwave

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Confirmed, I believe the issue was that they were RECORDING the messages as in the actual voices and uploading the recordings to the website, it's not smart to do that and I wasn't a part of recording the EAMs, just logging them. I have not been talked to, detained, or anything like that so I'm assuming and hoping I'm good, the owner of the website and the moderators of that website have gone MIA though. Just to be on the safe side, I'm not going to be listening, logging, or anything that has to do with military comms anymore, meaning you'll either have to listen yourselves or live without signal intel, unfortunately.
Storm Chaser/Spotter

usafshortwave

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:03 pm

I do however find it interesting that they decided to do this now instead of immediately... the website was made in December of 2017..
Storm Chaser/Spotter

Drumboy44
DWS Staff
DWS Staff

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Yingyang wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:08 am
Can a moderator give any more info on this.
The DEFCON WARNING SYSTEM is in no way affiliated with that website.
" man fears time, but time fears the pyramids "

usafshortwave

Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 pm

From the owner of eam.watch: firstly, I would like to apologize about the confusion, and stress that this may have caused, but it was in order to assess an internal security concern in regards to one of our “partners” who was providing assistance in the automated recording and transcriptions setup process. I know many people will believe that this was a publicity stunt, but if it were I would not be providing this background now, or further background and screenshots at a later date. I would like to reassure everyone that I have been in control of the domain and website this entire time.

I find it quite amazing how quickly people who claim to provide factual information relay unverified information and proceeded to distance themselves from this community while also removing messages that showed support for this community and what we do.

I would also like to thank those who actually did some research and were questioning the validity of what was going on with so many fairly clear signs pointing to the fact this was not an actual seizure.

My goal is to ensure those who say they support this community truly do, when I get the feeling the community is being used for others purposes, and people are unable to back up their own claims and maintain a single stance through unknown times I have to do the best thing I can to get to the truth.

Again, I apologize for any stress and confusion, I’ll be providing additional details once I finish a write up, and will be in voice later to address any further issues or concerns

I was not going to provide this information until I was fully available to address any concerns, but once I am actually available I’ll be here to address all concerns. The security of the community, and the community not being mislead by outside groups was the primary reason this was done in the shadows. Again I truly apologize for the confusion, but needed to ensure I got to the bottom of the situation and received the truth.

TL:DR, it was fake, eam.watch was never seized by DHS, their activities do not violate any law or regulation, and the site is back up.
Storm Chaser/Spotter

mrsg323

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:10 am

As of now, EAM.watch is back up & operational.